Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Say It Ain't So- Makeup From A Man's Perspective

None of this really surprises me, but I still hated hearing it. I was asking my husband about the makeup looks he loves and the looks he loathes and I didn't especially like the answers.

Being a life-long makeup lover, it was a little bit tough to realize that half the time my husband wasn't really diggin' my look.

Here is the reaction from my brother, husband, and bros-in-law to the following:

 My Personal Favorite
The Vintage Inspired Winged Tipped Liner 

Husband's verdict- "What's with it just stickin' out of the side of the eye? It's too obvious that it isn't natural and that it's not the shape of the eye." I tried to educate him that it was sexy and a vintage, "Old Hollywood Glam" cat-eye look. I guess you can't educate a gut reaction out of a person.

Red Lips

Often paired with the winged tip eyeliner is the classic, timeless red lip. Whew man, how do you NOT love a red lip! It's the go-to look that women have been rockin' for decades, regardless of age, ethnicity and skin tone! Really what it comes down to is my husband is not a fan of lipstick in general. All the men in the fam claim it doesn't look natural and definitely not kissable. I know many men who love the look of a sexy red lip, but there seems to be lot of votes for the more natural look from the general male population. 

False Lashes

Especially popular in the last couple of years has been the use of false lashes for day-to-day use. I think they're fun and have bought several pair for my own enjoyment just in the last couple of months. Even though I thought they added a luscious va-va-voom factor, according to my brother, "they look like spider legs". 

Hair Extensions


Woo for hair extensions! I'm personally a fan. In fact, I just purchased some rather recently and they are super fun. I like to pet them and comb them and clip them in and curl them.  Brother-in-law's take? Not such a fan. I think he's more wary of the whole idea of "some stranger's hair being clipped in there" than he is of the way they look. 

Over-Drawn Brows

Obviously this pic is exaggerating, but in the quest for a well defined arch, the verdict is, "it looks like The Joker". 

Unanimous Favorites


So what looks did the hubs, bro, and bro in laws all appreciate? A natural/nude lip, soft brows, natural eyeshadow shades, smoky eyeshadow, lush, natural lashes, and flawless skin. 

Take it for what it's worth! The word "natural" seemed to be mentioned a lot (which is no real surprise). As for me, I know I'll still rock my extensions, red lips and winged eyeliner from time to time, maybe just not all of them at once. 




No comments:

Post a Comment