1. By the time I had a full baby bump, I was feeling it big time and my lower back was absolutely killing me. Once I found this fantastic "maternity belt" I wore it day in and day out and it provided a lot of support to my aching back. Don't suffer more than you have to!
2. I hated how much my feet hurt after standing for mere minutes once I was in the last trimester. Having these cushy gel pad shoe inserts did a lot to make standing more comfortable.
3. Bio Oil! It seems to be all over the place lately and I was so glad to have discovered it. I had the pleasure of experiencing what is scientifically referred to as "melasma" during pregnancy which I so lovingly referred to as my tan mustache. For many women their skin pigmentation is hyper sensitive during pregnancy and leaves them with little brown patches on their face. This oil really helped to combat that while doing a lot to moisturize my skin both on my face and my expanding tummy.
4. Your boobs are going to get bigger! For many of you that may be one of the perks to pregnancy though to me it was not needed or welcome. Either way, who wants to spend a bunch on new, supportive bras that you may not need afterward? This bra extender pack solves the problem with ease!
5. During the last weeks of my pregnancy sleeping was an absolute chore. I could not get comfortable to save my life. I hate to recall it but there were nights where the only way I could sleep was to do so sitting up with pillows propped behind my back. If you end up in the same position, do yourself a favor and get a decent neck pillow!
6. My cravings were not as bad as some, but I still loved my chocolate and at times it was all that could soothe me. I found these delicious dark chocolate covered goji berries and pomegranate berries at Target and stashed a couple bags next to the side of my bed.
7. High SPF sunscreen for my face was essential during pregnancy, again because of the dreaded melasma! I had to do all I could to prevent from getting a lovely tan on my upper lip alone because who really wants to feel like a lumbering wildebeast with swollen ankles AND a mustache? I slathered this on my face everyday, and I live in Seattle!
8. Awww the pregnancy pillow. For a stomach sleeper this was the next best thing when a growing baby prevented me from doing so.
9. I had a friend that was gracious enough to let me use her Bellaband and I wore it nearly everyday! When your pants don't fit anymore just pop this baby on right on top of your unbuttoned jeans and be on your way! It also provided some extra modesty from having my expanding belly sneak out from under my shirt.
So there ya have it! My list of essential pregnancy items that I don't know what I would have done without. They made those 9 months so much easier. Share with me any others that you couldn't live without during your pregnancy that I missed out on!

No comments:
Post a Comment